Youth Camps! Always one of the highlights of your youth calendar!
Lots of fun, hard work and planning goes into these few days, so we know how important it is to get your budget right for your camp.
One of the biggest things you can do to help your camp budget is to fundraise. Here are a few ideas;
- Sponsor a teen: A lot of teens can’t afford to come to camp, but from experience, we know there are some very generous people in churches that would love to sponsor a teen to come to camp. One visual way to do this is to have a blown up image of a bus and once a seat is paid each seat on the bus is crossed out/filled in.
- BBQ: Always a good one, you could even do pay too much for your sausage and get people to donate however much they want.
- Traffic Light Fundraiser: (for our Melbourne friends!): For all the details for this head to https://www.police.vic.gov.au/highway-permit-applications
- Bunnings BBQ: Classic way to raise some money on a Saturday at your local bunnings!
- Hire a youth leader: Hire out youth leaders to do different tasks like mow lawns, cook dinner for someone, clean a house etc.
See below for the Camp Budget Template, which you can download and use for your camp this year!